Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What is the name of Pocahontas' best friend?

Whole League How

The answer is Nakoma, who doesn't know that! I was given three choices, I thought they were referring to the talking tree or cuter yet, the raccoon. I got it wrong in case you were wondering.


Game day for Class Art 220. We started off right away finding out who had brought what. I brought in two, Taboo and Scrabble, both of which were played. Just not mine, Two other students had brought them as well. We had Spongebob Monopoly, memory, Mad Gab, Pictionary and several others. My self and Guady along with Mark played hangman for a while, then switched to memory. We heard everyone else laughing quite often. After Jimmy came in we switched around and I got to play Disney Trivia Pursuit. Which was quite fun despite the lack of rule understanding. The random thoughts I got when I remembered that we were suppose to also pay attention to the parts of the game were quite a few. With a game like hangman, the lack of rules took a lot of time for us to decide what to do it on, a movie title, a person. I found I didn't quite know how to spell out the number of letters in the words or the little dashes. It was more difficult if what the person chose wasn't very well known. So in certain times its better to have more restrictions.

With a game like memory...Having an average memory helps, when there are too many cards though, it takes a while to get through a round. When I played trivia pursuit, it was at first somewhat difficult because there were so many rules to consider.  However I think it was pretty fun despite the amount of things to consider. This might be for a couple of reasons. The Disney theme being one of the main things, since its such a universally well known subject, many of us had no trouble with the questions asked. pieces we had to collect, and dice rolling. I think the large amount of players that can and did play also made it very fun. We had a diverse group, and the difficulty of the questions sometimes brought us to laughter. Which is another thing that makes games very successful. The more humorous the game play is the more fun it tends to be. I heard a lot of laughter coming from games like Mad Gab, where the words are often funny, and as Jimmy mentioned, basically public humiliation. Despite it being quite fun we ran into a couple of bumps in the road when we neared everyone completing their little wheel thingy.

My only regret is that we didn't get to play other games like Taboo and Pictionary, that is totally my fault though, I should have made up my mind from the start. Truth be told I do not look forward to coming up with nine games my self, I'm not a good sales person, I know even if I have a good game I will probably screw it up when the time comes to "sell" it, either way I guess I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

8 comments:

  1. I love how some questions trick you into guessing wrong if that makes sense. Nakoma. I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so funny. :) I played Trivial Pursuit Disney Edition for a while before we had to switch to another game and some of the questions were crazy hard. Its ok though, at least you learn new things. As for the games you brought, don't worry, no one played my card game either. I thought that we would all bring in something and that all our games would be played but I guess not. Thank god i didn't bring a big box. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah by the end I really couldn't wait to try taboo or pictionary or mad gab, but we ran out of time. It was fun to see what made them fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing Disney Trivial Pursuit was so much fun! And it's quite educational too - now we know the name of Pocahontas's best friend! hahaha

    By the way, I saw your Emma Ai doll in the art exhibit. It's so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you! Enma Ai is one of my most favorite anime characters, I was afraid of making it look bad, but it turned out okay. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree, I had a problem coming up with games myself. I wish i didn't miss class in where everyone shared their ideas. I know we have to pick one and professionally present it but idk what ideas of mine would be good. Damn me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Siouxsie, I'm right there with you, I could only come up with games that were too similar to those already out there, I missed class too, I think the one I picked to work out is too simple, I have trouble coming up with original ideas, I'm sure everyone else's will be a hundred times better. =[

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked memory!!! hang man was a little slow oh and we didn't know any rappers!

    ReplyDelete