Monday, April 25, 2011

A Class Full of Sins

Seven Sins represented as homunculus fromin the Anime and Manga Full Metal Alchemist  
Today's class was a rather easy going one. Was it cause it was a Monday? I know I had one of the worst work weekends every, thank you very much Costco! 
To start the day off, Jimmy's idea for a different perspective today was to sit on the opposite side of the table we were in. The light, it burned! It seems that our row is always smiling apparently. It was a funny and interesting way, but for some reason I didn't like how front row-ry it felt. I like I was in the way of people behind me. It wasn't that big of a deal. We started off the usual discussion with..what was it..Oh! The art exhibition. He mentioned some students in the class had work in it. I stopped by before 4 and recognized some work from classmates from other classes. From our class I only saw Gilbert's, a painting from one of our past quarters, it was a great painting, congrats on having it there Gilbert! 
Gilbert's work, Hope he doesn't mind..or sue. I really like the colors especially on the bread.

We discussed games in relation to our next class meeting being game day. We are to bring in at least one game, preferably  a board game. We discussed the types of games, the themes of games, what makes them good, and various other subjects. Monopoly got us into the thought of what is capitalism. While I understood what was being discussed, it didn't interest me, anything with politics is frustrating, people just differ too much in views. Besides it won't matter once I take over the world! 

The Calabera made my Enma Ai look like crap XD
After our discussion on games we took a look at the seven sins. Some of my images were also picked by others, Jimmy was right, we should have been more original, truth be told I didn't spend as much time on them as I should have, I think I could have done better. This did show me that there are different sets of the seven sins. The most common being the one I am familiar with Pride, Sloth, Gluttony, Wrath, Lust, Envy and Greed. Sometimes Vanity is used over Pride, but I think they're not interchangeable. Jealousy and Envy on the other hand I think are, and so on. It was interesting to see what images people picked. 
I look forward to game day. Though I don't have any games now, I'll be borrowing one for it.


A students work from what I will assume is Jimmy's class, renderings of an apple.






 

7 comments:

  1. Yes.. the light did burn... >.<'' ! The Apple Renders helped, I was at lost to what else I could do... >.<!'' haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! I saw some really neat ways to do the tangerine...or mandarin..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Those apple drawings are amazing and the same goes for the doll. It's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah they're beyond anything I could have come up with, it was really helpful, I never thought we had that kind of freedom to represent them, I thought we had to show a mandarin like..dead on XD lol I kinda find it easier now since I can be a bit more abstract about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and thank you! I'm sure you meant the figure next to mine right lol. It stressed me out! I was glad she looked well in the end though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow I didn't know I had my painting in the exhibition lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really?? Wow, I guess Connie must have submitted it.Congrats, she must have really liked it. I assumed you had submitted it.

    ReplyDelete