Monday, April 18, 2011

The Purple Mouse and The Mysterious Objects

Eraser I bought at Blick's


Today's class was another real interesting one. For one it seemed like today's first morning talk was rather slow. A classmate spoke of Laotian new year, but no one else wanted to talk about their weekend. Jimmy decided to give us another perspective on the class again and we moved and arranged our selves by our birthdays. The class wasn't gonna make the same mistake as the first time and Dustin took the rains and got everyone started. It was fun to see how fast we did it this time, and how many people each month had. Though when asked it seems everyone wasn't absolutely sure we had the right order. We did .=]

After we had our new arrangements in seating Jimmy gave us the assignment for storytelling. We were to pick two items we thought were interesting and use them to tell our story. We were given ten minutes and then an extra five as needed. I put in an eraser with the word delete on it, and a mother of pearl mirror. With every one's super creative ideas we came up with qualities that these items had. In fact we had so many we had to cut them down to a camera, a yoshi key chain, crackers, and the eraser. I probably forgot something.  We had so many ideas for a story it was really tough to pick something to stick with, we didn't even write down anything. This was something I mentioned too, first time I talk I believe ha ha, that there were so many possibilities and ideas we had to cut out some interesting ones. We had originally started out with objects a murderer had kept, and then we ended with a story that opens up explaining that there was a missing person's case. The only evidence found had been the said items and that after certain events had been found to have interesting abilities that had mostly terrible consequences. Well not mostly, they were terrible. Our wonderful story teller did an amazing job of remembering all the facts we came up with and using very interesting science terms to explain them. I was just as impressed as Jimmy. This showed me that its not all in the story. You could have a great story but if the speaker isn't keeping your attention it won't be as effective and the story will loose quality. 
This grants you 3 wishes! Don't do it though.

We then went over every one's projects by going around and switching pictures till we found some we liked. Though there were some we liked, it turned out that hardly any were "good". Most images kept the same meaning for the phrase just changed the context. I got a better understanding of the purpose of the project and realized..it was even harder than I first thought. We have the change to redo it for Monday. I see stress in this story's next chapter.




2 comments:

  1. Agreed. Homework was hard.. and yes our amazing storyteller is amazing.. half the terms he used I was like .. "Wuahhh...?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I'm with ya on that. I was like wow!..I wouldn't have done a quarter of the good job he did. He had a lot of interesting ideas. I'm curious as to how he knows all these terms now.

    ReplyDelete