Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mapping the Mind


Today's class was focused on the topic of Mind mapping. It was surprising to me that we actually kept to the topic. We tend to run astray from the main topic a lot of the time and to be honest I sort of missed that today. Conversations and Jimmy's wandering talks are always interesting.

Jimmy stated that mind mapping is a diagram used to explore words, ideas and all sorts of mindful things. In high school our teacher referred to it as just brainstorming. I think mind mapping sounds a bit more fancy, I like it. Our current maps differ from the ones I did quite often in high school in that mind mapping in class was much more fun...if it weren't for the lack of drive in my part to go somewhere more fun. 

Our class activity  was to  pick anything at all and make a map of it. Anything?! I chose to do something normal. What if I quit my job? When we walked around everyone had various interesting topics. What if I woke up dead? What if I could control the elements? All fun questions. 

I seem to have trouble putting it on paper and pick something safe, yet boring all the time. I guess I just don't have the guts. I will make it a point to break out of this a bit later on. As I was saying, the high school maps were always  about essays, so this was much more interesting. I didn't get my map put on the board because I wasn't trying very hard, it was too simple and was off topic, I focused on choosing a major rather than why they should come to art.
I realize my notes of the assignment weren't finished well, and I hadn't realized I misunderstood this until I began the work. I will make up for that in the homework for this weekend. I also really really enjoyed the video, but that's info saved for the blog specifically on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment