Friday, May 13, 2011

Feel Better Jimmy!

Professor Dustin

I walked in today looking forward to the film we were suppose to see, but around 7:59 and no sign of Jimmy meant something. That it was about to be 8. Just kidding. I need to stop with the lame jokes.
Today's class was non existent. Well somewhat, Jimmy's assistant came in and told us he was sick, for those who didn't attend class today.  It was odd. Jimmy is not here. Sick?? But Jimmy's invincible!
We all looked around awkwardly for a bit. We then decided it was a test! "Jimmy! You can come out now!" Astrid shouted. We laughed and then I realized, Jimmy wasn't hiding! He's much more clever. He was disguised as one of us. It was genius! But I guess we were wrong.

Our very simple Goal..and Julie :D
We then got to work, Jimmy's message was to discuss our final project goal for at least 10 minutes. With Angel settling down the class, Dustin got up and began to write down what we all agreed on.
We decided that, especially because of time, we should have a video that is no less than 3 minutes long but no more than 5 minutes. We clashed a bit on what the exact goal was. Since everyone had something different we agreed on a broad phrase. It was to simply demonstrate your creative process. We figured that in this way we could have many options with few limitations on what we can choose to do.

We all agreed, turned in our Creative Briefs that were homework to Astrid, and headed out.
I found it interesting, as Gilbert pointed out, that someone mentioned how it was possible for Jimmy to still be directing the class even when he wasn't present. I think it goes to show how well Jimmy has installed his power onto us! Just joking. But not really, it is true to some extent, it shows how much of an influence you've had on us. That we know what you expect, and we do it so that you're not upset. As well that we're not completely irresponsible, after all we stayed well over 20 minutes. =]

My only regret? I spent an hour in traffic getting back to school. I do not have another class until one thirty, and I was not gonna sit around school for..well I don't even want to count the hours. At least during that time sitting in traffic I was day dreaming of all the fun things we could have chosen to do instead of heading home!  They were all in a musical montage style since I was blasting music.
We could have gone to Olvera street, carpool style and gotten a churro from Mr. Churro! They're amazing! Alamada Swap meet for cheap candy and food! No? Anyone? Can you tell I'm Mexican yet? Picnic on the grass by the building from snacks hastily bought at the student store? Karaoke in the class- OK there were many, and I'm sure no one would have wanted to.
Yum.

I look forward, yet again to next class, I hope we still see the film.

9 comments:

  1. I thought that we did a good job taking care of things even though he was gone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margarita! That's funny that you got a photo of me lol! I enjoy reading your blogs. For this entry, I liked the part when you mentioned that Astrid shouted out in class. I also think we had a good brief class discussion for our final project. Astrid also did a good job in collecting everything and reminding all of us about the mandatory attendance for the John Coy presentation.

    You should have gone with us to IHOP! Well, granted we had walked far from the Art building when I threw out the idea but still. It would have been fun if you had joined us. And I had one extra seat in my car! It would have been even cooler if more people would have been able to join us. But by the time I came up with the idea, everyone was already scattered and had left. Maybe another time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay, I thought so too, though I get the feeling he might disagree since it wasn't three sentences.
    Julie I love Ihop! That's too bad! But hey things happen for a reason at least with the free time I finished a project I had to do, it sounds like you had great time though, bummer!
    Thank you as well, it's nice to hear that my nonsensical ramblings amuse at least one person :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny Margarita. I love how you said maybe Jimmy was disguised as one of us lol. I hope we see that film too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margarita! Jackie and I will definitely have to tell you our IHOP story! It's better to tell it in person. See you tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had a churro from Mr. Churro before! I wanna try one now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. why does everyone keep taking pictures of me with out noticing hahaha....I still can't believe we didn't run from class when we were told Jimmy wasn't coming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lorraine- I had it once. And have been craving it ever since lol. They can be filled with custard, strawberry jelly or caramel!

    Hector! Sorry! I didn't notice, I'll ask permission next time =D
    And I know! We actually stayed and did stuff you know its crazy, Jimmy's influence is strong with this class lol

    ReplyDelete