Monday, March 28, 2011

First Day of Developing Concepts

Concept Development seemed like a simple enough phrase that I half expected the class to be a breeze. I couldn't have been more wrong, and yet I feel that for the first time in a while I am actually being challenged. I didn't once think that the process of developing a though or idea would involve so much physical work, but as I learned today, I never put that much thought into anything, at least in the way we did today. I look forward to process of it all, from the assignments to the outcome after the idea has been thought out. 


The first interesting part of the class is Jimmy Moss, a very energetic individual, admittedly, I'm jealous of his ability to be so upbeat so early,  I was still trying to figure out where exactly I was! I was so used to waking up late in the morning. The first thing we learned today? Do not be late. There is a great deal of information that can be missed and more than likely it will be important. The professor does not like to repeat himself as well, something I can relate too. I will do my very best to avoid being late, I can imagine the frustration. 


We were asked to write down what we thought the class would be about, and what we would learn. My answer was that we would likely be taking simple ideas and using techniques to fully develop them. Perhaps brainstorming, and try problem solving. I was sort of right. Jimmy explained through the rest of the class this in a much better and longer way. 


We learned perception through observation of a mandarin and how difficult it actually is to describe the fruit. We also learned random bits of information which would all tie in back to developing an idea. A good example was how cellphones developed. Lastly we went through the syllabus and got to know several things we would be going through, such as assignments and lectures.

It was an interesting day, too warm though.

No comments:

Post a Comment